03 January 2008

Aotearoa New Zealand Poetry Sound Archive blog

I discovered over at Harvey Molloy's blog that the Aotearoa New Zealand Poetry Sound Archive has started a blog.

The ANZPSA, initiated by Jan Kemp and with the help of Jack Ross, is a collection of sound recordings of basically as many NZ poets as they could find reading their own work (the final count is 171). The recordings were done from 2002 to 2004, and copies of the archive are available for researchers to use at the University of Auckland Library and the Alexander Turnbull Library in Wellington. For more about the archive, see the Introduction.

On the blog, each poet who read has their own entry, with a pic, content list, biography, list of published works. Here's my page: http://aonzpsa.blogspot.com/2007/11/rickerby-helen.html. The recording came a bit early for me, because I think I've written much better stuff since I recorded in 2002. Also this bio is a bit out of date, though I do still sometimes claim to be writing that novel.

No comments: