27 January 2013

Happy new year, and stuff

Happy new year everyone! I hope you're all having a good 2013 so far. I think I am.

I had a lovely Christmas break, and I did manage to write the average of one poem a day I said I was going to try to do in my last post. My rules were that they didn't have to be long and they didn't have to be good, which is just as well. I haven't reread any of them yet, but I know some of them are very short and I'm sure many of them won't be very good. But it felt good to write them, and to have written them (which seem to me to be slightly different things).

I was also very heartened that when I read over some poems and notes and fragments I'd written for a poetry project I'd started a couple of years ago, I found that there was some salvageable stuff in there, and in fact some things I love. I think it can definitely form the basis of my next 'thing', so yay!

The thing I should be working on right at this very moment is The Baker's Thumbprint, the new poetry collection from Paula Green, which I'm very proud to be publishing with Seraph Press this year. The other book I have scheduled is The Rope Walk by Maria McMillan. I wrote a post about them over on the Seraph Press site this week. I hope you'll go and have a read: http://www.seraphpress.co.nz/1/post/2013/01/1.html.

I've also just signed Seraph Press up to Twitter, so if you're on Twitter, it would be lovely if you would follow it/us/me: https://twitter.com/SeraphPress.

No comments: